MUMMY DOES PILATES
Wednesdays mornings - 9.30 - 10.30am (Term Time Only)
Often our postnatal bodies may be left with a few physical challenges from pregnancy and birth (that can still be there years later….)
Clinical Pilates can help these issues:
- Improve your posture
- Tone to your abdominal muscles
- Strengthens the pelvic floor (can help with incontinence)
- Helps bring awareness of your posture and its changes
- Help reduce tension around the neck, shoulders & upper back
- Maintain & improve flexibility, strength and fitness
- Re-connect with your body through mindful movement
- Relax your mind... includes relaxation cues, to keep you on your Pilates cloud a little longer
When can I start Postnatal Physio-led Pilates?
It is safe to join ‘mummy does pilates’ as soon as you’ve had the all clear from your final postnatal (6 week) check with your GP. However you can work on gentle pelvic floor muscle holds, static core holds (deep abdominal muscle) and walking pretty much straight away.
This doesn’t mean though, that at 6 weeks you should join the class, or that it’s late if you choose to wait until 8, 18 or 108 weeks after giving birth! We are all ready at different times (physical, mentally, emotionally, socially) to start thinking about our body & posture again, and possibly coming along to a Pilates class…. ‘Mummy does Pilates’ is a relaxed, guilt free zone!
Often our postnatal bodies may be left with a few physical challenges from pregnancy and birth (that can still be there years later….) Clinical Pilates can help these issues.
Any questions, please do ask. 1:1 Pilates is available if you prefer – as a one off assessment before starting a class or on an on-going basis.
This is a mum & mums to be class, not a mum and baby class.
We feel it is very important to find some quality you time!